Laid off? Looking for a new career? Second Career is an Ontario government program that will provide you skills-training and financial support.
How You Qualify for Second Career
As a start, you qualify for Second Career when:
- you have been laid off and have not been working
- you have been laid off and are working a temporary job just to cover costs
If you’re receiving Employment Insurance (EI), or have in the past, you can still apply.
When preparing your application, you also have to show:
- how long you have been unemployed, or working your temporary job, and looking for work
- places you have applied and positions you have applied for (e.g. cover letters, CV and responses from potential employers)
- what level of education you reached
- where you worked before, for how long and what skills you needed for that work
- what skills you want to get and where you can get trained in them
- information showing the skills and job you want to train for are in demand
What Second Career Gives You
You can get new skills – those needed for jobs in demand now – and financial support when you qualify for Second Career.
Apply for up to $28,000 for costs including:
- manuals, workbooks or other instructional costs
- basic living allowance (maximum $410 per week)
- child care
Our second Career training course provide IT and financial accounting for now. And you will get a Canadian Ministry of Education certified Diploma College degree after you graduated. We will also provide co-op internship to help you well prepared after you graduated.
We have an efficient teaching method that we set a fixed-time course every week and running it in a loop, Our professional teacher will answer your questions all the time. We will analyze the dynamic human resources demanding market and use the most advanced social media to share the vacancy information to our students and tighten the relationship among school students and the employers.
If you want to know more about the second career funding, please contact with our benefits expert, we will provide detailed answer for you immediately.