A Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. In most cases, your employer needs a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support your job offer. And you can also immigrate using LMIA through Skilled immigrants (Express Entry).
Advantage of LMIA
- The most secure way to meet Immigration qualifications.
- Compared to technology and investment immigration, LMIA has a shorter application period and faster processing time.
- Immigration requires applicants with LMIA qualifications for skilled immigrants.
How to Get LMIA
Your employer in Canada will be the one who will process and apply LMIA for your job application.
We can help your employer to get the needed documents.
Your job title must be included in the NOC and we will help you to evaluate your job.
Your employer need to publish the advertisement in Canada for four weeks. We can also do that for your employer.
When we submit the LMIA applications, we need your employer to submit several required documents. Your LMIA could be accomplished with 10 months.
Evaluation Criteria for LMIA
- Ratio of permanent residents to foreign workers. The lower, the better.
- The salary level of the company (using T4 summary as a reference)
- Your employer in Canada will be the one who will process and apply LMIA for your job application. Your employer must contact ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada) and ESDC will provide the details of processing and requirements.
- Your personal salary level
- Are you graduated from certified college or university?
- Does your job title meet the qualifications of LMIA?
How to Use LMIA Through
In most cases, your employer needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support your job offer
The foreign worker can proceed in applying for a working visa usually in the country he resides, outside Canada. The foreign worker needs work permit, LMIA and some documents required by the Canadian embassy. Medical exams are also included and some overseas and immigration permits upon leaving the country. Check your specific country immigration requirements before flying to Canada.
The Basic Qualifications for Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
- Language level: CLB 7
- Have qualified employer: The Company should have run at least 2 years.
- Can provide required documents such as: Tax records, financial statements, insurance records